As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, March 07, 2019

Mean Girl Moments... Thursday, March 7

My Thursdays start super early and the lead into Friday, my longest work day of the week.  So when I found myself taking preworkout before hitting the weights today, I knew I had made a big mistake.

Preworkout makes me have too many "mean girl" moments. 

Throw in the fact that I'm exhausted already and my brain is working on complete overdrive, look out.

"Should I change my hair?",  I asked on social media. "YES! For sure girl!", wrote one person.
"Yes, all caps?! ...for sure?! ...says a girl with the most boring hair cut e-v-e-r!" I mumbled to myself.  The first "mean girl" moment.

Upon entering the gym, I start to fiddle with my earphones when I notice someone at the corner of my eye about to either approach me or cut me off as I walk towards the machines.  So, I stuck my right arm out to push them away if they continued to walk in my path... "mean girl" moment.  Looked up and realized it was my coach... oops.

Did a few exercises while waiting for this one guy to finish using a machine that I needed to use.  And by "finish using", I really mean finish texting whomever while sitting there on the machine.  Walked up to him and asked him if he was here to workout just his fingers or the rest of his body.  Yup, "mean girl" moment.

I swear, it's not me.  It's the preworkout I take.  It's a magically little powder I mix into a small glass of water but I swear it's a nasty potion that activates all the bad thinking and negative strains of DNA that are weaved in my body.  

After the preworkout wears off from exhausting myself at the gym to get rid of it... too scared to have it lingering in my body for fear of more "mean girl" moments... I'm back to feeling calm, cool and collected.  But man, those "mean girl" moments, they're amusing to joke around about afterward but thank God I catch myself during them.  Preworkout doesn't give me the jitters like it does to many people, I wish, instead it makes me so incredibly and easily agitated.  

I'm sorry for what I've said with preworkout in my body.  Forgive me... thanks.

No comments: