As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, March 03, 2019

Lil' Sistas Big Awesomeness

I love this -- her hand is so small that even the word "Slay" is too big for her knuckles.
They look pretty fierce, I love that, but they're so incredibly sweet.
 I think the best thing I ever did in my life is reach out and start the Lil' Sistas Project.


I wouldn't say that I coach these girls for free though because what I get from
them is priceless and it's like nothing else I've ever gotten in return.
Oh gosh, let me tell you about this picture.  I posed to them a challenge -- how long can they hold a squat for.  Turns out it was way longer than I thought so now I have a lot of promised prizes to bring them next time.  Proud coach moment.
I had a smaller crew of Lil' Sistas to coach tonight, only 22.
...twenty-two little fierce females that ooze with awesomeness.

No comments: