As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Next Location... Tuesday, March 12

The hunt for the perfect clubhouse continues.

The ideal house would have the following...
- it would be a 10-15 minutes from BGC, 20 minutes max
- located in a gated community that is higher end
- have parking out front or a garage
- have a lot or at least some kind of yard
- have a balcony
- the main floor would be open-concept and big
- bathroom on the main floor
- air conditioners already installed
- a large master bedroom
- should have a fridge and a stove
- 3 bedrooms
- no major construction work needs to be done

But when it comes down to it, the location is probably the most important.

Location, location, location.

The house I saw today was a townhouse and while the location of it was great and I loved the master bedroom, the fact that it was, as I called it, a "house-of-stairs", was the issue I had with the place.  I have two dogs, two little chihuahuas and the thought of them possibly falling through the stairs and landing four floors down... wow.  That's a bit no-no.  Now if there were a way to somehow fix up the stairs, that'd be a different issue.  It still is though three and a half flights of stairs, almost four.  Think of the house like a tree.  The stairs were the trunk of the tree and each room branched off from it. 

As for the details of the house, it clearly was neglected.  One of the cabinets in the kitchen was ripped off, a few tiles were split, the walkway area beside the house was totally not maintained, and the bathroom only had the bare necessities.  It was lacking.

Next.

No comments: