As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, March 11, 2019

Conquering the Start of the New Week

Look at what just arrived... the new Conquer hand wraps from Slay, by Empowered.  I love them!
I figured it only fitting that I get to have the first pair and break them in during sparring.
Broke them in on Coach Marcelo, literally.... love it.
Going in for a dirty move... can you tell what I'm going to do next?!
Yup, went with a straight while still holding his left.  I'm a dirty fighter like that.  Old habits.
He knew I was going to go for one last shot, after the bell when we were out of the ring and posing for the camera.  To not expect it would mean he doesn't know me at all and clearly he does.

No comments: