As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

The Hinderance of Beauty... Tuesday, March 18

On Tuesdays I coach four clients, 3 here in BGC and one out by the airport.  Of the 4, 2 of them I coach outside by their condo pool, the location of the 3rd is always changing so I'm seeing some sick gyms thanks to her, and I coach the 4th client in her house.  The front entrance of her house, ya, it's bigger than my entire studio condo... yikes.  

Two of my clients today are just returning from an out-of-country holiday so I only had two fighters to train -- my which-location-are-we-training-in-today client and my gigantic house fighter.  Both are relatively new fighters and both very pleasant to train and sweet to talk to.

I like all my fighters actually.  They're all so different and they keep my life interesting.

Had a bit of a funny run-in with this foreign guy who appeared to be from the Middle East and all about my one fighter I was training at the condo gym he just happened to be visiting.  He lingered around checking her out and throwing her smiles.  At one point, when he saw me trying to set up my camera to take a video of her for Instagram, he offered to help me.  Great, that's fabulous.  I wasn't about to say no to him so I gave him my camera and he started filming.  As I was taking her handwraps off and packing up, he then asked her for her number.

"No, sorry, I can't... she's my girlfriend and she might get jealous", my fighter told him.

I had to laugh.  That was a funny cover up story and how was he to know that wasn't true.  Clearly he didn't understand what she had said though, either that or he just didn't care, because then he turned to me and asked me for my number.

"No, sorry, I can't... I'm with her and she might punch me", I responded.

We then packed up our stuff and headed out of the condo gym.  We then noticed he was walking behind us, heading for the elevator too where we were standing so we then ducked into the girls changeroom that was immediately to the side.  The changerooms lead to a different part outside so then we headed back down to the lobby via that little escape route.

So funny.

There are a few of my fighters that seem to always attract "fans".  One of my fighters is a pretty Ukranian blonde and the security guards and maintenance dudes at her gym are always making random excuses and reasons why to visit the pool area where I train her.  It's amusing for me but for her it's very frustrating.

Oh, to be so beautiful.

No comments: