As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, April 28, 2019

A Girl On the Way... Sunday, April 28

I've agreed to adopt a third dog.

(Just a little recap here because I don't know if I wrote about her in an earlier post or not.)

She's a French Bulldog that an American family isn't able to take with them when they leave the Philippines and are relocated overseas.  Originally, they thought maybe they would be able to take her but airlines have got so tight since they first got her, making traveling with a variety of dogs next to impossible.

Anyways, I met with the family and the little four-legged girl today and it was like love at first sight.  The husband joked and called me a dog whisperer because his little girl totally took to me.  When I entered his property, I sat down on his driveway and allowed his dog to come up and smell me but she almost instantly realized I've got nothing but love for the four-legged babies.

The family... her family... is leaving in a couple of months but they're leaning on handing her over to me sooner than later.  I know it must be a hard adjustment for them, I can only imagine how devastating it initially was, and I think they also want to make sure she fits my family well before they actually leave.  I respect that.  

No comments: