As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, April 25, 2019

Levelling up in Life... Thursday, April 25

I'm getting rather sick of living in BGC and I know a big part of it has to do with the fact that I know what I'm moving into -- the Empowered Clubhouse, a big, bold, beautiful 4 story house with more space than I've ever lived in.

When I think of it, there's really no point of me living in BGC if but for the convenience of racing off to Market Market and SM Aura for stuff. Besides that though, I'm hardly going to miss it. It's not like I really do anything on a social level and beyond the random security guards that line the buildings and condos I walk by on a daily, I think I'll hardly be missed here. 

I don't meet friends, I don't have friends over, and I don't really socialize.

I think I will socialize though once I'm living in Acacia Estates because it's such a beautiful, thriving community. It really is a community in every sense of the word. Word has it kids go trick or treating at Halloween. How awesome is that?! Exactly.

My life really does revolve around the 3 B's.

1. my Boxing
2. my Business
3. my Boys -- Balboa and Cassius

I'm looking soooooo forward to just completely diving head first into Empowered and all that I want to launch with it -- my gear line, my clothing line. I've longed for a place for Empowered for well over a year now, about a year and a half, but I've been seriously looking for a place for the past year. My time is FINALLY here and I couldn't be happier to just lose myself in it. I have such big plans for Empowered and securing a location for me to use as platform which I can really grow my ideas, it feels so good to be at this point. Wow.

No comments: