As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, April 04, 2019

Makeover Day... Thursday, April 4

I know, I know. I need to look more "professional" being that I am a small business owner.  But I'm also an athlete so while I can easily get away with wearing training wear 24/7, I still have to look presentable.  

Hello new hair.

Day 1 of my makeover.

Last week I bought some new fitness clothes, today I got my hair done.

Despite me having hair that's no longer than 2" in length, it still takes a hell of a time to get my hair done at the salon and I just never have a spare chunk of time like that... until I did!!!  Two of my fighters cancelled training last minute so voila, after my morning coaching, I instantly had the whole afternoon off.  Booked an appointment and then I went in for it. 

I won't admit to just how long it took to do my hair but will admit it was a nice break.

I was forced to just sit there, chit chat with the stylist team, and was limited to whatever business I could do via my phone.  

Now I'm back to that "white fox" look -- Storm from X-Men. 

Honestly, I am always super shy when I first get my hair done.  It's always so super fresh but always so drastically different and I don't do well with all the added attention it gets me.  It'll take a few days to get used to this but I do like it.  

Tomorrow is Day 2 -- lashes.

No comments: