As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, April 09, 2019

Next Level... Tuesday, April 9

New level of pain... n.e.w. l.e.v.e.l.

Perhaps I didn't know what I was really getting into when I agreed to take on another coach for my corner team but damn, Coach has me training like a beast.  He wants me boxing as much as I can and running almost every day.  Unlike my last fight though, when I cancelled almost all my personal training and just focused on preparing for my fight, I'm not doing that this time.  Instead, I'm going to juggle it all.  And by "it all", I mean my big move to Acacia Estates, the prep work and opening up of my clubhouse for Empowered, coaching all my one-to-one clients, and coaching my Lil' Sistas.  

I'm going to juggle it all.

Having said this though, I might take off the last week and a half leading up to my fight if I'm struggling with dropping the weight.  And speaking of weight, I don't actually know my weight right now.  I've agreed to step on the scale either Thursday or Friday of this week but I'm suspecting I'll push it to Saturday. 

I'm taking a huge leap of faith here with launching the clubhouse for Empowered, am signing the lease for it on Friday, and I go to sleep consumed with thoughts about it.

Will all my clients commute there?  No, definitely no.  Some will, sure, but not all.

For my current clients, I'll be offering them the choice to either come to the clubhouse or have me continue commuting to their place for training.  They'll retain their current monthly fee but those wanting me to travel will have an added travel expense added to their package. New clients, they will not be given this option though.  It simply defeats setting up a clubhouse. 

As for my boxing, I will continue to box on days when I have clients I have to commute to Makati for but on days when I'll be mainly at the clubhouse or not in Makati, I'm planning on boxing at the Elorde boxing club there at Acacia Estates.  

Things are about to get crazy, I know it.  I'm taking a huge leap of faith -- faith in myself, faith in God.  So let's see how it goes.  All I know is I have to take Empowered to the next level.  It's driving me absolute bonkers feeling so held back and handicapped by not having a physical space.  This time in a month, if all goes as planned, I'll be typing this from inside the clubhouse.  That is the dream.  Now to see this out so it becomes my reality.

No comments: