As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, May 09, 2019

Rainy Rugby... Thursday, May 9

Note to self, next time remove my cleats from my bag and let them air out.

Woozers.

The last time I wore my cleats was only just last Saturday, for our game in the rain, but I had put them into a plastic bag and then thrown them into my gym bag.  Since then, all my gear in my gym bag has been emptied out and put away... except my cleats.  My cleats remained in that random plastic bag.  I didn't think anything of them today when I saw them either.  I simply just threw them into my bag and raced out the door for training.

Showed up for training, took my cleats out and... BAM!!! Instantly, as I opened the bag, the smell of the cleats hit me in the face like an unexpected punch.  I looked around to see if anyone had seen my reaction or caught wind of my cleats.  And, if that wasn't bad enough, they were still wet from the game!!!  My toes squished around in the moist cleats.

One of my teammates caught wind of my cleats, while we were being instructed to do pushups as a team because of coach's orders.  My teammate had her head about a foot or so away from my cleats and she commented on them.  It was funny, I must say, but I don't think she appreciated the joke.  

Late night training turned wet.  Mother Nature showed up halfway during our rugby practice out in McKinley to soak us all.  As if running around in the Philippine heat wasn't enough, right?!  It made for a chilly end to our training because I then had to jump on a motorcycle and fly back to Acacia Estates, where I now live. 


No comments: