As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, July 29, 2019

Biker Helmets and Boxing Beats

I want this badass helmet... it's awesome!!!
Notice that it's a pile of dandelions, the very thing that's tattooed on my left hand!
And the hot pink, the signature colour of Empowered.
Eventually I'll get a motorcyle or scooter in the Philippines but I want this helmet sooner than later.
Hit the heavy bag at Elorde Boxing tonight, here in Acacia.  I don't like training here.
Nothing makes me feel lonelier than constantly being "the new girl" at a boxing club, 
a place where I've always felt like home.

And so tonight I trained uninterrupted and I trained hard.

No comments: