As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, September 22, 2019

A Touch of Canada... Sunday, September 22

I anticipate this week is going to be crazy busy so when a friend dropped by to give me a badass cool donation for the Lil' Sistas Project, I decided to cancel the rest of my day's work and enjoy some down time with him.  

The massive check presentation was not necessary but it was very cool.  I definitely appreciated him making a big deal out of it for me because it is very much a big deal to me.  I'm blessed to have the Lil' Sistas in my life and am blessed to have my Lil' Sistas Project so positively supported.

This particular friend of mine who came by Empowered today has known of my vision to create this place long before I even found this place so it was very cool to show him it.  He's an American friend who showed up sporting a Toronto Raptor's jersey and a Tim Horton's coffee in hand.  The sight of his Tim's coffee made me miss Captain Bowtie and many other of my friends in Canada, like Madi and Graeme, and of course, Dawn.  I don't really talk to them much though, my friends in Canada that is.  I find it only makes me miss them hard and then I become distracted and preoccupied with wishing I was back with them in Toronto.  The fact of the matter is though, I don't wish I was in Canada.  I just wish they were here.  Sorry I'm not sorry but I like the Philippines a hell of a lot more than Toronto, Canada.  I just wish I had friends here like I do in Toronto, friends I've known for years and who have seen me through a lot of life.

No comments: