As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, September 07, 2019

Black Sheep Arrives... Saturday, September 7

It was such great anticipation that I headed to BGC, did my errands and then awaited the arrival of the first samples from my new clothing line -- Baa Baa Black Sheep.  The two samples, a hoodie and a tank top, arrived at The Refined for me before I actually did so when I walked in, the bartender greeted me with a big grin and my delivery.  

I must admit, I stood there for awhile, starring at the two packages, anticipating what I'd see when I ripped open the bag and hoping I'd be happy.

I am a high-hoper.  

I get my hopes up high, perhaps too high.  Skittles says I set myself up for disappointment because of this and I know there's a lot of truth in his claim.  

"What happens if I don't like it?!", I asked out loud.

"But what happens if you love it?!", someone responded.

And so, on that note, I ripped open the first package and took a look.  Tried it on and then critiqued it in front of the mirror.  I like it, I really do.  I like both of them.  The manufacturing team did a great job which only reassures me 100% that I hired the right team to join my team and bring my thoughts to life.  There is, of course, some minor tweaks I'd like to both the tank top and hoodie but I'm really happy with this first draft of what they produced.  I know I didn't make it easy on them to execute my ideas and my drawings had a lot of chicken scratch details scribbled down around it.  

Tomorrow I have a follow up meeting with one of my manufacturing crew members, a fitting and discussion about what to twek.  He'll be then taking the two items and making the added alterations.  I feel like the return of them after that, wow, I'll have high hopes for that, for sure.  

No comments: