As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, September 08, 2019

My First Memory of Him... Sunday, September

A year ago today Cassius joined my family, and this was my Facebook post I wrote about him:
I was the smelly little broken boy in the back cage, the one with poop on my face. Amy, now my mom, approached my cage so I sat up straight. I gave her my best gentleman pose hoping she'd look past just how rough and dirty I was. Then, when she asked the store worker if she could hold me, I latched my arms around her. I didn't know if she'd adopt me but I wanted to hold on to that moment for as long as I could so I held her as tight as I could. And just like that, she saw in me something others hadn't and she adopted me.
He was this balding little puppy that looked straight from the street because of how rough he looked. He's bloomed into quite the adorable puppy though, with his fur growing out and growing long, and his broken tail no longer visible because of his long fur. I love him. I love all my four legged babies, of course, but he had such a sad start to life so it's my little Filipino rescue.

No comments: