As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, September 03, 2019

See You in December... Tuesday, September 3

And just like that, she's gone.

My visiting friend from Canada left Manila today to meet up with her cousins and then to go to Bohol, another island here in the Philippines.  It was great to have her here, very cool to share a piece of not only my world but my clubhouse and my new home.  But just as great as it was, it was sad to see her go.  To know that this was just but one friend from Canada that'll be able to share and see that with me.  On a positive note though, I've been in the Philippines almost 3 years now and so far 2 friends have come to visit me.  Here's to hoping Captain Bowtie returns soon.  Joke is my office is really for him; it's his bedroom in his home-away-from-home.  

Once my friend left, it was back to business for me with me coaching a client in the afternoon and getting in a run in the midday sun.  Before we left though, we exchanged workout tank tops, that was a pretty cool idea of hers and I think I'll do that with more friends.  I definitely need to get more of my Empowered swag made, printed and out there for my friends.  

If only I could get my father to visit me.  He never saw what I created in Korea and that's made me a bit bitter, to tell you the truth.  No one in my family has seen it.

No comments: