As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Potential in the Air... Tuesday, October 15

It's been a solid 10 months and still no fight.

This is flat out ridiculous.

Instead of wasting my time more for waiting for a particular someone and someones to be help me, (cough, cough, do their job) I figured enough was enough.  Every couple of months I reach the point where I'm so completely frustrated and I do this, take matters into my own hands, but I haven't gone to the extent that I did today.  Before, I had other things holding me back from really extending myself and voicing my frustration -- the start of my company, the launch of my clubhouse, etc., etc. There was always something and sure, there will always be something, but if not now then when.  Right?! Right. 

I hired a manager this day last year but only because I needed to legally have a name of a manager on my Philippine boxing license.  But a year later and now I'm really paying the price for "just using" someone in this regard.  It's become my burden. 

I was suggested by a trusted friend, a boxing official, to hire a particular manager in Singapore.  I'm thinking about it.  I reached out to him and then I realized that I've actually dealt with him before.  He had reached out to me once for a fight out of the Philippines.  The fight never went through but I appreciated him being directed to me and considering me for it.  

Anyways, so today I dealt with a lot of boxing politics.  I have a potential two fights to chose from and possibly a big decision to make regarding management and my boxing team.  Talk about stress.  It worked well to fuel my workout though.  By the time 10:30pm came around, it was still lingering in my head and distracting me so I went out for a late night run.  

No comments: