As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Beating the Bad Out of Bad Husbands... Friday, February 25

Couples literally beating each other on TV show called "I hate you but one more time"... I love it.
Hahahaha...

What can I say, I'm a fighter not a lover but I do love fighting.

Being a big fan of boxing and being a boxer myself, I thought the idea of a troubled marriage battling it out in the ring was perfect.

Trust me, the stress relief you get after going a few rounds at boxing is worth it and all the couples agreed after their boxing round that it was a lot of fun and it felt awesome to let out all that stress.

I've been watching this particular TV show that I'm talking about for a couple of weeks now. It centers around four troubled couples that have quite a number of issues, ranging from an abusive husband to a massive age gap between spouses and a husband who has been gambling their money away. At first I found the show to be rather entertaining but now I've developed huge bias towards certain spouses.

I particularly don't like the one couple with the abusive husband. His young wife is so scared of him that she's contemplated suicide on numerous occassions. The way he talks to her and treats her is crap and though this is a TV show, I seriously question how far he takes it when the cameras aren't rolling, like the time his wife showed up at the hospital with blood dripping from her head. The cameras showed her in the hospital waiting room but they didn't show what lead up to the situation. Both Snickers and I would love to step in the ring with this young punk of a husband and beat some sense into him.

Snickers and I definitely don't fight a lot but we do fight, as in play wrestle and try UFC moves on each other. Sometimes we hurt each other in doing so, like when he gives me a huge charlie horse, but for some reason we both think it's hilarious, so we laugh. I can only imagine what the neighbors think of us. They hear all this banging around, a lot of laughing and the odd scream "Ouch that hurts!!!" Fighting is like foreplay for us, I guess... hahaha.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...
Where's the line between a dead marriage, a dying marriage and a revivable marriage?

QUOTE OF THE DAY...
A successful marriage is an edifice that must be rebuilt every day.
-- Andre Maurois

No comments: