As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, December 06, 2012

As I stood there today, I could see it all.  I could see exactly where the ring will be, the shoes lined up against the wall,.. I could even see the boxers out on the balcony, relaxing after training.

This time in a year EVERYTHING will be different.
A sports bra will be my work uniform, with a t-shirt being optional.  I plan on drastically changing my looks, going for a bit of a bada$$ look with an extreme tattoo and half a head of cornrolls.
And, of course, abs will be just as big of a much needed part of my work gear as my sports bra. 
 I will finally be able to come into my own, to be the example that I want to be... to my "family".  I'm excited about extending my family and though I question what will become of my UP Boxing Club family, I'm trying to maintain forward, positive thinking.  I can't change how they think or react, I can't control that but I can change and control how I think and react.

1 comment:

Jacky said...

I've thought about getting the side tattoo...they look really cool. What happened to the couple tattoo idea?