As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, September 03, 2014

An Overdose of Sweetness to Cancel out the Sour

Leave it to a 3kg Chihuahua to try to knock some sense into us and get us to return to being our happy-go-lucky selves.  Thanks Balboa.  Now let's start this day right and leave yesterday in the past.
 While a bouquet of flowers makes most gals happy, I'm more of a bouquet of healthy edibles.
Received a bouquet of mushrooms today.  They'll be super delish in my stirfry and super helpful for my abs.
Speaking of abs, today is hump day so with it being the middle of the work week we focus on core training.
Have I told you that I love, love, LOVE these stability balls?!
Our girls-only private shower room, definitely out beats the boys' group shower room.
We put up this shelf unit about a month ago, designating the second and third shelf for Hulkies to store their little baggies with shower products in.
I've stocked the first shelf.   It's full of products for all the ladies to use and all these products have been donated by friends and Hulkies... how sweet are they?!  Oh, so sweet.
Tonight I received a sweet surprise from a particular Hulkie and it made for such a sweet end to my day.
She had replaced our old, used and abused shower puff with two fresh new ones, bought a basket for the shampoo, conditioner and body wash I buy for the ladies, but she had also packed the basket with products she wanted to treat us all to.  I don't know if she's teasing me about my obsession with spinach but I love the body wash she bought for us.  It's made of soy bean, broccoli, green tea... and SPINACH!!!
I get to fill my belly with spinach all day and now I get to rub it on my body... hahaha... love it!

No comments: