As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, September 04, 2014

Little but Capturing BIG Attention at Hulk's

Balboa got to work most of the day with us today so he took it upon himself to milk up the pleasure by taking the time to chew each piece of his food about a billion zillion times.  Being only 3kg and his buddies being 20kgs and 47kgs, he's accustomed to eating fast or risking them eating his food.  So him being able to eat as pleased, well, he definitely enjoyed that.
He also enjoyed getting to met and play with many members.
Balboa was surely the envy of some of our female Hulkies when they caught him being the center of attention with this guy, a "fan favourite" among many.
And while Balboa happily distracted members and soaked up their attention, this little one jumped into the ring and continually yelled out my name.
"Sorry little buddy," I told him, "you'tr a bit too underweight and under height for me to spar with you."
He didn't quite accept my answer but he did manage to climb out of the ring, that is after he danced in it and, strangely enough, kissed one of the ring ropes... nice.  I love the boxing ring too there little buddy.

No comments: