As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, September 07, 2014

Not the Sunday I Expected but It was a Refreshingly Good one

This is how I woke up today, with a 3kg gorgeous four-legged boy all snuggled in my arms and, though you can't see him in the picture, a 78kg gorgeous man snuggled up to me.
Snickers slept through his alarm clock, I slept through mine, and all the pups slept through everything.  End result, we woke up too late to attend the family Chuseok ceremony out at Granny Kim's house.  So we stayed home and watched Mama Mia on TV.
It was just the two of us for Chuseok this year.
And this would have been our official Chuseok meal had the chef not given us what clearly appeared to be the sad leftover pieces of meat... so we left.
I felt bad for leaving the first restaurant and for telling the chef why we were leaving, we've never left this restaurant disappointed, so today was a first.
Ended up going to a usual hotspot of ours.  It wasn't exactly Chuseok-level but it was a quarenteed delish meal.  The men at the next table sent plenty of compliments Snickers' way about me, complimenting me on note only my chopstick skills but how I can "really eat".  Yes, I look like a lady but eat like a machine.  Takes a lot of food to fuel my body.
Cheonan was a ghost town today with most places closed.
I'm convinced most were just at the traditional market though because the place was packed and buzzing with tons of people.
Ended the night with some late night training.
Running, boxing and weight training.

No comments: