As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, April 06, 2013

 This is our sponsor's ride -- WOW Motors Manager, correction, WOW Motors President. 
On a rainy day it sits in his shop with the rest of the pretty cars.  My beloved Porshe is gone though, I think it was sold... obviously not sold to me or bought for me, boo to that.
 This shot was taken of me yesterday, outside by a van Snickers had briefly mentioned about.
Today, when Snickers dropped by the house to pick me up, he came driving this exact van.  Apparently it is now ours -- sweet -- so technically we own three vans.  We're selling one, giving our sponsor back our old one and keeping this replacement one they gave us.
I called her Lady Ghini -- she's the "real person's" Lamborghini... hahahaha. 
We christened Lady Ghini by picking up Guy Smiley and heading off to the boxing club.  Later, we dropped Lady Ghini off and got her soft, comfy interior ripped out and replaced with leather.  She's looking real good now and Pyen Chi is going to love her roll-down windows!!!
And as if news of a new van from our sponsor wasn't already awesome enough, our power at the club got hooked up and turned on today!!!  We only have temporarily lights set up while the electricians work but none the less it's light.  No more headlamps and no more burning myself on those two massive lamps.
Last night was the first time Snickers and I trained at the boxing club but it wasn't our usual training; it was just for our photo shoot.  Tonight marked the first official training session at our boxing club and who should we be training but WOW Motors President and his floor manager, Mouse Doctor. 

No comments: