As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, October 25, 2013

I Have to Get some Tiger-Striped Pants

Selfies to keep me warm.
YES I'm wearing my new pants that make my legs look big and bum even bigger.  My legs are just like my mother's.  They can proudly squat more than most and can run a half marathon. 
What can you legs do?!
My bum is just like my father's -- proudly Polish.
And yes, I'm wearing my outdoor shoes inside... because I can.
If you have a problem with it, take it up with management.  Oh wait, that's ME.  Nice.
I'm a crazy-pants-wearing, hot pink shoe-sporting sports girl who trains hard and eats clean.
I love my rounds on the sandbag and my squats just like I love my spinach and eggs. 
Chicken is my favourite animal, especially when it's served up in a hot chicken soup, and painting Cheonan green is my hobby.
At Hulk's, we train hard but we also play hard.  Today's dose of play time meant we played a bit harder than we trained but it's all good.
One of my members took it upon himself to cheer me up by randomly trying on my clothes and then amusing me with a fashion show.  It was accompanied with a long catwalk walk, a lot of strutting, and some photos for our so-called paparazzi... hahahaha!!!
 I live my dream and I live for it.  And anyone outside of it that doesn't want to be in it or respect it really doesn't matter.  That's the honest  truth and today I was reminded of that. 

No comments: