As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Sweet about Sweet Potatoes

It's official, our coal thingy-a-ma-jig has officially reached AWESOME status after it proved to cook our meals super duper, ultra fast.
 Snickers and I don't eat the same foods though we usually eat together but with the coal thingy-a-ma-jiggy, we were able to cook both our meals at once.
Even Pyen Chi was super excited about it... hahaha.

But the awesome status of the coal thingy-a-ma-jiggy didn't really settle in until we realized it's sweet potato cooking potential!  Not only did cooking up bags of sweet potatoes serve to make our members smile and giggle but it made me happy knowing it just raised the post-training eating by about a zillion percent and it made the club smell A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!
Every one was all sweet on the sweet potatoes today!!!
And our lounge couches quickly became the hot spot in the club.
Goodbye back-of-club lounge, hello front lounge/juice bar hangout!!!
Having the couches at the front by the coal thingy-a-ma-jiggy is great but now random mid-workday naps are soooooo cozy.  Mind ya it helps when you've got a 45kg+ fur pillow.

No comments: