As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Stepping into a Positive, Winter White Wonderland

Snickers with his mother and aunts, his mother's sisters, all dressed up for the funeral ceremony that will last just short of a week.  Most of the men wore black suits while many of the women closely related to Snickers' uncle wore black traditional hamboks (dresses).
Shortly after midnight, I was back in Cheonan and out running -- out enjoying the winter wonderland that God had given us, enjoying the life he's blessed me with.
No one but the government salting truck was out with me on out what usually is a super busy downtown street I always have trouble crossing.  But here I am, standing right smack dab in the middle of it.
And here is my beautiful girl, you all know her -- Pyen Chi!!!  Here she is looking rather like a snow princesses.  She absolutely loves the snow -- loves running in it, playing and jumping in it and eating it.
I had to change the coal in the coal thingy-a-ma-jiggy; it has to be changed every 12 hours.
Note the new street light?!  Ya, very nice.  It got installed just the other day and I think it's rather pretty.  It even has hooks for hanging plants on it and the lights on it change colour.  I'll have to get a better shot later, to show you all.

No comments: