As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, December 02, 2013

Oh Christmas Tree

Today our beautiful club Christmas tree got bombarded with personalized Christmas ornaments as our Hulkies wrote out their Christmas wish on them. 
 I wasn't about to waste my wish so I went big with mine.  I wished that my father would come to Korea to see our club, that I'd have a great Christmas at Hulk's and that next year I'd get a REAL Christmas tree to decorate and celebrate with.
 The common wish among many of our Hulkies was for a specific goal weight, with wishing for a girl/boyfriend being the second most popular wish -- sooooooo cute!
 By the end of today, our tree had numerous Christmas wishes on it -- it looked fabulous.
 We've got a solid group of high school boys training at Hulk's and it was hard for me to juggling doing padwork with all 12 of them that arrived at once.  We ended up bribing some of them with free mouth pieces and then had them step in the ring for their first ever sparring session.
 With the steady flow of Hulkies coming in to train, it was hard to get in my meals but I stumbled across something that was pure genius -- throw a protein bar into tinfoil and then put it on the coal thingy-a-ma-jiggy.  Holy delish!!!  We got these new chocolate chip cookie dough protein bars in on Saturday but they've been going like hot cakes and I suspect we'll be out of them by the end of the week!!!
 Our cooked, hot of the coal thingy-a-ma-jiggy sweet potatoes continue to be a huge hit with our members and today some of our Hulkies got daring with trying to feed Pyen Chi pieces.  Snickers will randomly stick food out of his mouth and feed Pyen Chi so today some members tried to do the same -- success but super hilarious.

No comments: