As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Ringing in the New Year a New Way

What started out as just a gathering of us three turned into quite the party with the addition of few.

... and then more came, bringing our few up to double digits.
Pyen Chi got to see two of her much-loved friends and we got to see WOW President.
An added bonus was the Porsche that was brought along, for arguement's sake.
I had noted that I didn't like the Porsche SUV but, as it turned out, it's such a pimped out sweet ride.
And after midnight, when we all cheered on the start of 2014, we then were surprised with such a beautiful display of fireworks, curticy of the Cheonan city qovernment.

Happy 2014 New Year's everyone!!!

Leave it to Snickers and some of the K-Crew boys to continue the party by staying up all night to see the first sunrise of 2014.
And, leave it to Korea, to have an absolutely crazy-packed mountain of other people all interested in the first sunrise too.  As for me, I watched the sunrise in the comfort of my own house, buck naked warm and with the K-Bere Brothers, Pacquiao and Balboa.
[Note the dude in the tree... too funny.]

No comments: