As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, December 08, 2013

Up and Early Sunshine

Made a breakfast Double B.O.P sandwich, that's banana, oatmeal, protein, for the new Sunday morning breakfast club I just recently joined.
I must admit, ever since I first met Jo Mi Nam (my French Bulldog who now lives in Heaven with my mother, God bless his beautiful soul) I've been converted to being a huge dog lover and not really a fan of cats.  Korea has a ton of street cats and I haven't really met a friendly cat in this country, that is until I met Ester today.  She is absolutely gorgeous and super friendly!!! Her housemate Ro was equally friendly and within the first couple of minutes Ro was up on my lap trying to kiss me... super cute.
There were five of us present at today's club meeting -- Cat and three others for me to meet.
The host and hostess are Americans but they're planning to live in Korea for at least another two years and they've been married longer than I have -- B-I-N-G-O!!!
I can't tell you how refreshing it was to meet such a couple.

No comments: