As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, December 29, 2013

What A Noisy Day, for Sure!!!

Ronda Rousey, Miesha Tate
There was a TON of noise being made at Hulk's today as we gathered early and all stood around to watch today's UFC fights.  We cheered as loud as we could for Tate, then screamed and hollered when Rousey won.
Our screaming was sparked again when this scene took place -- Anderson snapping his foot in front of millions.  To say it looked painful was the understatement of the day.  We all were wobbly in the knees.
And if it wasn't us making a whack of noise inside the club then it was the cars our members were pulling up in that was creating quite the scene outside.  Our parking lot was loaded with imported cars.
I got to test this gorgeous beauty out, brought to the club today specifically for me because they knew the only car I'd ever agree to drive would be a Porsche.  
And boy does this baby fly!!!  At 180km/hr he flew, at 200km/hr he rocketed, and at 230km/hr I thought my heart was going to stop from the shock of just how powerful he was.
We took our noisy day and extended it well into the evening with me and 5 of my K-Crew boys heading out to Asan where we were pampered by a friend who is a sushi chef.

No comments: