As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, January 04, 2014

Snickers in Sweetness Overdrive Mode

Saturdays are both our days off, which means we usually kick them off on Friday night with staying up extra late and then sleeping.  Today we all woke up super late and in super spoonage position -- all 4 of us.
Saturdays also mean we get to catch up on laundry too.
We usually have our Couple Date Night on Saturday and go out but tonight Snickers surprised me a in-home spa treatment.  I was definitely surprised and definitely spoiled.
Sometimes I seriously want to upper cut Snickers with his late night Sports Days and friends who call at all hours of the night but then he goes and does something like this.
This alone is perhaps a prime reason why I married him so quickly... can't risk a man like this being snatched up by another woman.  I'd have to upper cut some chicks out if they did that.
... and yes, he even did my nails.
I am by no means girly and have rather construction manly hands because of our do-it-ourselves renovations at Hulk's but Snickers helped put some prettiness back into them.
And, true to our New Year's 2014 Bucketlist, we studied together today, though I should note I didn't exactly expect Snickers to pick this particular book to study from.  It doesn't exactly have public-appropriate things for him to say in it.  Thankfully he used another book too.
Today he studied "shall we" and "I want" but before you start giving him props for him studying on his day off, perhaps you should note the date on the page he used.  Yup, only four days into the new year and he's already one day behind in his studies.

No comments: