As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Enjoying our Sunday to the Fullest

Beach-bound with my beautiful baby today!!!
The sun was shining, the weather was stunning, and Tonka Smash was sporting a full tank of gas he wanted to use up so we headed out the door and drove and drove.
Ended up out by one of our most favourite spots in Korea.
And, as it turns out, there was a flower festival going on.
I may not be into flowers but I do love the cherry blossoms.
Leave it to Snickers to stop the truck in the middle of the road and jump into a cherry blossom tree to shower me in cherry blossoms.
Cherry blossoms will always hold a special significance to Snickers and I, hence why I have my own cherry blossom tree tattooed on my back, so being showered in blossoms was definitely my favourite part of the day.
I wasn't actually anticipating heading into Hulk's for training, I had pretty much killed myself with yesterday's training, but my sponsor was eager to train and Sundays usually are our Hulk family days.
Two of our newest Hulkies came out to train tonight and they asked if they could spar.
I should note here, these two have only started learning how to box this past Wednesday.

We pretty much exhausted ourselves at training but somehow we managed to stir up some extra energy to smile for the shot... and to treat some members to dinner tonight.

No comments: