As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, April 21, 2014

Monday Madness and Giggles

One of my Hulkies rolled into the club today, literally.  
Turns out he's quite the skateboard master so I got him to test out Snickers' long board.
He gave me some tips on how to ride his banana board more.  Leave me to ditch the tips and jump on it like I'm all hardcore skatergirl... too much fun!  I am at work, right?!
And leave it to Snickers to pick me up what he thought was celery.  It was more like bamboo and these two bad boy sticks got passed around and chewed on by so many Hulkies wanting to figure them out.
Mondays are always busy so one of our Hulkies came in early so that he could get in some extra one-to-one training with Snickers in the ring.
I blame the contagious energy of a packed club for the excessive amounts of sparring tonight.
I couldn't help but giggle over the irony of just who was sparring here.
In the blue, we've got our sponsor's son, Kato.  A 7-days-a-week church-going good boy against the bad boy gang member covered all in tattoos.  A bigger irony would be their choice of music however, Kato listens to Little Wayne and gangster guy likes ballads.  Both are super nice guys.
And this is our special Hulkie.  At first meeting, most people are caught off guard by him but he's super innocent and very committed to Hulk's.  He's at our club everyday, anywhere from 2-5 hours.
It was a busy Monday, a very interesting and action-packed Monday, but then again it always is.

No comments: