As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Chicken and Road FC Party at Hulk's... Saturday, July 26

It's official, I don't life WOW (our main sponsor).  OK, so that's not true but it is true that I don't like the fact that he kicked my butt with his InBody 230 fitness score.  To date, I've received the highest score among everyone at Hulk's, among both the males and females.  I may have only beat Snickers by two points but I vouch that those two points give me pure bragging rights.  But WOW, oh wow, he scored an impressive 6 points higher than me, making his score the highest at our club now and in the "super strong" ranking.  There are four rankings: weak, average, strong, and super strong on the InBody230 register.  Snickers and I are both in the strong category but I'm convinced I now have to up my score; I can't let WOW beat me!!!

My Hulkies and I absolutely, totally, 100% killed my Crossfit Challenger class.  And OK, so maybe we had two mini vomit situations and the class was filled with lots of grunting and groaning as we kicked our own butts through the intense circuit, we finished it.  We finished the 36 minutes of non-stop sweating workout and the feeling of proud felt by all was so easily read on our faces. 

After the Crossfit Challenger class we had a PT client to tend to and I also did boxing.  It was an intense two hours of training for me because of all that.  And what goes hand-in-hand with training like a beast?!  Eating like a beast.  I can't eat alone though and so chicken was ordered for everyone and not just any old chicken, I'm talking about the best in the town rotisserie chicken... oh ya baby.  

For the past couple of months it's been the same members coming out to our weekend train so we kind of have a club tradition going now because we have become very close to them.  On the weekends we train together and then eat together.  This isn't to say we do it all the time but it is pretty much every weekend, well at least with those who stick around to help clean up.  

Tonight our chicken was joined with some hard-hitting Road FC watching so it turned out to be quite the eventful evening.  It was a chicken-eating, UFC-watching party -- definitely my kind of party!!!  Members started arriving at 5:30pm for training -- Free Train scheduled for 6-8pm -- but it wasn't until about 11pm that they left.  We almost ended up taking them all for a late night coffee but we thought we'd keep that just a couple thing for Snickers and I to enjoy together.  I love our Hulkies, of course I do, but I love my husband more and I love my private time with him.  


No comments: