As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Making Myself Everyday

YOU MAKE YOU, a truth that is as hard to accept as it is to take responsibility for and do something about it.  But it's really a great thing, if you think about it because it's pretty awesome that we can make ourselves.
And on that note, Snickers and I did some "body shopping" on Pinterest today and picked out which bodies we'd like to work towards shaping our own bodies into.
The girl on the left, that's what Snickers picked for me but I favor the girl on the right.
I think both have very respectable bodies but I favored the girl on the right because of the higher definition in her core and, honestly speaking, her smaller chest. "Bigger breasts... had that, not interested in ever venturing back", says me, a girl who used to be a 34DD.  Fellow female boxers or runners will understand exactly why too!  Snickers thinks I just favor her because of the Adidas sports bra... hahaha (maybe).
So on that note, Snickers didn't waste any time with getting to work on his body.  
I had fallen back asleep but then woke up to some sound I couldn't quite pinpoint.
It was Snickers on the treadmill.
I "shape" my body everyday at exactly 2:20pm, that's when I've finished setting up and cleaning the club and can really focus on my training.
 Training alongside some really great Hulkies that push themselves, each other and me through the crossfit circuit definitely helps.  Here we are after the first class of the day, super exhausted but still smiling.

No comments: