As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, July 28, 2014

Super Young and Super Fun

Chillaxing with two of my hard training, hard lovin' mini Hulkies.
The little boy is our youngest member, age 6, and I've been training the little girl for about 7 months now.
And don't be fooled by their age.  These feisty little ones work up a sweat and train hard.
They could probably take you on and take you down in one of my many fitness challenges.  After all, just last month this little lady came in first place for our double leg challenge -- take that adults!!! Hahaha.
They do love their weight training and they do love their boxing.. and we all do love them!!!
With more members comes more problems with the "shoe situation".
Officially adding to our consent form a clause regarding members' shoes stating that upon ending their membership here at Hulk's they have exactly one month to come claim their shoes.  I absolutely refuse to be held responsible for such shoes because it is becoming an increasingly big nonsense and pain in the you-know-where.
Returning after 7 months and asking me why I don't remember the colour of your daughter's shoes is nonsense.  I responded by saying, "how come you don't remember.  You're her mother.  You bought them."
Thanks for the gift?!  Not sure why but today one of our former members dropped by and gave me two massive packs of what he called "from army food".
Hey if Snickers, a boxing coach, wants to step into the ring to fight MMA style then I suppose it shouldn't surprise me when a member brings gear and wants to do some kind of strange sumo-like wrestling with him... hahaha.  Hey, it's Hulk's.  Stranger has happened (and stranger WILL happen too).

No comments: