As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, August 24, 2014

A Total Turn Around of a Day

This is how my day started off, in super lazy mode.  Snickers was out of town so whenever he's away for the evening I let a particular four-legged smelly boy sleep on our bed (Pacquiao).  Only Balboa is allowed to sleep on our bed because well, have you ever tried to catch or teach a Chihuahua?!  Exactly.  Plus he'll freeze.
I managed to get out of the club for a bit of fresh air and I did some shopping.  
This is what I bought for $10:
-- new indoor sandals
-- 3 pairs of socks
-- 3 new mats for the water tower
-- a bottle of Windex
-- dinner for two: hot bibimbap (mixed veggies) and my little cooking lady threw in 5 extra eggs for me
Let's play Spot the Restaurant Lady!
Here's a hint, she's sporting a tray on the top of her head carrying my empty dinner dishes.
Got to love Korea.  Not only did $10 score me a very filly meal for two but they were also delivered (with silverware too) and then were later picked up -- picked up right from where I had sat eating it all.
This is what it's like to train when you live and train at the same place.
While Pyen Chi acted like an old lady, people-watching by the front window, these two little guys acted as a mix between stalker-like and super fans.
Their cuteness is always so distracting!!!
Thanks for the reminder here Balbao for me to stretch after training.  Thanks little man.
Trying to capture a picture of both my four-legged boys proved to be quite difficult.  I'm convinced Balbao, a very true-to-the-bone Chihuahua, never stays still.
But I did manage to capture this ultra cute shot of him.  He's trying to use telepathy here to tell me to pick him up and cuddle him too.  Don't you worry, he got an overdose of cuddles after the pics.
A special thanks to Pacquiao for giving me an extra big hug after my training and for attempting to lick up the sweat from my gym nasty sweaty face.

No comments: