As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, September 29, 2014

Love Is All Around at Hulk's

It may not be spring but love is definitely in the air.
Whether it's our newly introduced young club couple or random Hulkies leaving a cute love letter on our board, our Hulkies are happy and loved.
I don't know if my workout buddy is too happy with me tonight when he spontaneously challenged me to a back pull-up competition.
I did four full back pull-ups and little did I know that one of my sponsors was lurking in the background, taking pictures of us doing the competition.  I got mad points, cool.
This is love.
This is Balboa showing Snickers some tough love and insisting that after a full day of coaching that he stop what he's doing and show him some extra attention.  He slipped up from under Snicker's book and totally bopped him on the nose, nice.
This is genius -- a comic book Bible.
Snickers has never really been one to follow or practice religion but when it's in a comic book form, heck ya he'll give it some attention and thought... hahaha.
Seriously, all the Bible stories are in cartoon form.
Another book with some cartoon-like picture dialogues Snickers likes, an English study text.
He thinks it's soooooo funny to pick random conversations from the pages and see what my response will be to what he's reading.
I was supposed to go to bed early tonight.  Correction, I DID go to bed early.  We closed the club a bit early and by midnight I was showered and already in bed buuuuuuut, I'm married to a man who becomes a Chatty Cathy when he can't sleep so we started talking about, you guessed it, boxing.
Around 2:30am we were still up and that's when Snickers asked me if he could share the Reese's chocolate that one of our Hulkies had given me.  I had been holding them secret in our freezer and though I'm not one to share my food, Snickers is probably the only one I'd share my goodies with.

No comments: