As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Hello My FAVOURITE Month... Wednesday, October 1

It's October.  I love, love, L-O-V-E love October.

What I DON'T love is still not knowing who my opponent is.

It's only been a day since I signed for my next fight and I'm already down 1kg.  Snickers is really pushing me to get to 51kgs as soon as possible but I vouch I'll have to leave it for the weekend.  Dropping such weight in such a short time means me feeling rather punch drunk -- a little dizzy and light headed.  I'm banking on the last 2kgs coming purely from water weight so that leaves me with really only 2kgs to lose in addition to the 1kg I just did.

What I DO love is deciding to watch the Asian Games boxing finals on Friday.

This Friday is a national holiday here in Korea.  And while Snickers and I were just going to make a lazy day out of it plus get in some intense training in for my fight we decided to add a club event.  We'll be taking some of our Hulkies up to Incheon to watch the boxing finals and I'm so excited.  It's a mixture of being excited that I get to leave the club and being able to have a temporary distraction from the pre-fight jitters and butterflies I wake up with and randomly show up during the day.  Of course me watching numerous boxing bouts won't mean I'll get out of being bombarded with more boxing talk and fight conversation but it'll be accompanied with a much needed change of scenery and extra company.  I just really need to get out but with living and working here at Hulk's, my outside social interaction is really limited, especially know with me working with such little time to train before Thailand.  



No comments: