As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

A Wow kind of Wednesday

The importance here is in the fingers...hahaha.  I'm officially number one and Wow is number two.
He went over and over his results and admitted I had beat him.  "Now I'm Wow," I told him.
Had a busy day of training today and, like yesterday, it started off super late and went straight till after 11pm.
Cooked up some sausages after training for some of our Hulkies.
These aren't just any sausages though, these are specially ordered DUCK sausages!!!
In between cooking up random fun foodies on the coal grill -- today's list included duck sausages, sweet potatoes and fish -- we also juggled some intense training.  Today's focus was on core.
And THIS is what makes the women at Hulk's so notoriously awesome.
Check out these two mini Hulkies, ages 10 and 12, doing hanging leg lifts.  Beat that boys!!!
After our Hulkies had HULKED OUT at training and headed off to the showers, it was then time to get back to some renovation work -- "behind-the-scene work" as I call it.  Tonight's behind-the-scene work included installing ceiling vents in the guys' shower room and the main bathroom.
Sausage break at 1am... and then back to work.  
Proof #101 that Snickers adores me -- he's always sneaking pictures of me.
Snickers had taken the above picture of us with that delish sausage and when he went back to working on that vent I grabbed his phone and went to send my phone the picture of us from his.  That's when I saw these two pictures.  He tends to do this. Snap candid moments of me... I like that.
I ended up fiddling around behind the juice bar while Snickers finished the guys' shower room vent installation and I waited for the laundry to finish washing.  
Made myself what very well might be the most delish breakfast ever!!! 
 One successful vent installation, two loads of club laundry washed and hung, half the club floor washed, one treadmill fiddled around with, a run to the grocery store for more club fun foodies, and a full 10 hour shift of coaching our Hulkies and fitting in our own training.  
It was now after 2am and work was finally done.

No comments: