As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Action-Packed from Start to Finish... Nice

One of these pictures is not like the other... hahaha.
That's because the first one was taken right at the start and the second one was taken right as we finished.  I think our faces were frozen like that because of the nasty wind we had to battle through.
We ran with the wind in our hair, wind through our clothes... wind freezing up our bones!!!
Mother Nature was a bit of a nasty beast today, woozers, but we clocked in a solid long run.
Our weekly "tradition" is to get boiled eggs and coffee by the little lakeside store but today we met a new little four-legged friend -- the beautiful companion to the store's owner.
After sipping up that coffee in the drive back to Cheonan, it was post training fuel-up time!
Raw beef bibimbap -- only the best for our best efforts with our running!!!

After an afternoon nap, I woke up to grilled BBQ chicken on it's way, broccoli being steamed and live boxing on the tv.  After boxing, it was Home Alone.  Nothing says Christmas quite like a classic, much-loved Christmas favourite flick!!!

No comments: