As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Keeping my Mind and Body Focused...Saturday, December 20

Today I had to pick who I was taking with me to Laos.  I've decided upon who is going to be my corner coach and he's agreed to help me out. I'm going to Laos with my fellow Canadian pro boxer and am confident with my picking. While watching today's live Korean boxing on the TV, he and I sent text messages back and forth nonstop about the plays made, calls given, combos played, and anticipated outcome.

Today was my "day off" but not really... but then again it never really is.

Morning
15km run out in Asan 

Afternoon 
Watched about 1hr of various boxing matches on YouTube 
Emailed one of our club suppliers 
Responded to fan mail 
Meeting with one of my current sponsors 

Evening
Watched live Korean boxing on television 
Looked into the weather of Laos and discussed with Snickers how we could better simulate it 
Made a few phones regarding Laos 
Phone call with my fellow Canadian pro boxing friend regarding corner coaching 
Studied one of my Laos opponent's fights 
Follow-up sports psychology reading

No comments: