As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, December 19, 2014

Work It Off and Worked Out

One great way to work out life's stress, or challenges as I like to call them, is to workout.
A good workout gets the blood pumping, heart racing, endorphins going, and you just feel better after a solid workout.  I recommend yesterday's crossfit class workout to a "challenged" Hulkie and she agreed, she felt much better after.
As for me, I resorted to a sweet surprise cappuccino given by Snickers because it wasn't until about 9:30pm when I was finally able to do my workout.

This may not be stress but this was definitely quite the challenge.
After my Crossfit Challenger class tonight, I challenged them all to a little friendly competition.  They had to hang on the monkey bars.
The first two who dropped had to clean up our equipment used, the third got away scott-free, the fourth and fifth scored small sports drinks, and the remaining two won large sports drinks.
Everyone was shocked at just who the remaining two were.
In the end, it was one of my mini Hulkies who won.  I laugh at the fact that he's a mini Hulkie because he isn't really mini sized but instead is a big 15yr old.  He is probably one of my hardest training mini Hulkies though, also asking me for recommendations on what weights he should use and always asking me to train him every single day.

No comments: