As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Staying Focused and Cutting Weight

 My "let's-do-this-face" I sported at the start of my boxing training today -- my very, very rough boxing training today.  And then this second picture, this is me long after the club has closed.  I ended the long day of training and coaching with a very,very brisk walk on the treadmill...in flip flops and with Balboa watching me, hahaha.

To help keep me motivated and on task with cutting weight, I've started using a new phone app, Weight Track.
I have to weigh in at 49kgs for my fight, which means I have to be UNDER 49kgs.
I weighed in yesterday at 55.7kgs but have dropped down to 54.4kgs with today's weigh-in.
I should note that I dropped 1.3kg with just my training and clean eating.  I haven't yet started to lean on dehydrating myself.  I'm saving that for the last couple of kilos.
I like this particular app because it breaks down all the numbers into lists and detailed plans.
It also has a diary part where you can record your workout and then it puts it together with all your numbers, info and rankings.
I ranked today's training only a 4 out of 5, despite how intense it was, because I didn't get out for my morning run.  I dropped 1.3kgs from last night and thought it was cute the message that popped up when I entered in my weight.
I particularly really like this feature of the app.  Perhaps you can't see it so clearly but what you're looking at here is a calendar that shows your typed in weigh-ins and has goal weights for your future weigh-ins (in light grey).

No comments: