As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, January 26, 2015

Hulk's Gets a Bit of a Facelift

Thanks to one of our Hulkies for helping Snickers in the locker room today.
We got this massive board yesterday.  
To tell you the truth, we're not sure just yet what exactly we'll do with it, but it comes with little hooks for people to hang stuff up on it.
The biggest additions we scored yesterday was a new office set 
-- a shelf unit and a large receptionist-style desk.
At first I wasn't a fan of the high desk but now I definitely like it because now it gives me some privacy while I'm working on the books and members' files.
Our front sitting area got two cute little stools... that I totally plan on painting with crazy colours or doing something drastically different like attaching Hulk pictures to them.
We also got a unit for us to use for a lost and found and I thought it'd be funny to scare members here by hiding in it.
Later in the evening a friend dropped by to surprise us with an anniversary gift -- it's a 3D printed Hulk sign, very cool.  He also surprised us with news that he'd be training with us again, very cool.
Balboa made a guest appearance today, to show off his Adidas sweater to everyone and to milk up the "awww he's so cute".

No comments: