As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Staying Positive Despite the Poop

Yuppers, we HULK SMASHED that run... nice!
Clocked in 18.11kms at a pacing a little bit slower than we anticipated, 5:38min/km, but we'll take it considering our pacing for the most part was rather inconsistent.
We started off our run by flying through the first two kilometres and then we rocked the 15km mark as we separated and I blazed it around the Dankook lake to see just how fast I could.
 Just because it's Sunday, a "day of rest" for most, doesn't mean it's a day of rest for us at Hulk's.  In addition to pumping out a 18.11km run, we also headed way out of town to pick up more pieces of equipment at a friend's going-out-of-business liquidation.  Today's work was cleaning, loading and then unloading all this stuff.  Tomorrow's work will include cleaning it again and arranging it all.
My last wassabi snackie, given to me from one of our Hulkies.... oh the sadness, the last one. Am so addicted to these things though I don't quite know what they are except for being addicting.

No comments: