As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, February 23, 2015

We May Not Stay Hungry but We Definitely Stay Silly

It's the first day back to work and training since the 5 day Seollal New Year holiday and it seemed like all our long-time-no-see Hulkies came out for extra hard training and so many brought gifts.
Some Hulkies jumped back into training full force with some sparring and as for that USB pic, it's got my TV addition on it -- season 11 of Grey's Anatomy!!!
As for these Japanese snackies, I'm starting a serious addiction to these wassabi snacks and it definitely doesn't help that one particular Hulkie keeps on bringing them to be by the bag fulls!
It felt good to be back working but there was a lot of chats and joking going on today.
Five days is just too long for us to go without our Hulkies and apparently the feeling was mutual with them.
The best part of my day was sharing the entire day with Kato.  Snicker left Cheonan at 6am for a sponsor business meeting down south and so Kato volunteered to help me out.  He showed up at 1pm to help with what was left of our massive Monday cleaning and then he stayed and helped coach members all the way until 11:20pm when he left.  What a great guy, s-e-r-i-o-u-s-l-y!!!

No comments: