As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, March 02, 2015

Eat Your Veggies but Not Too Much Broccoli

For a pro fighter that usually lingers around 53-54kgs and fights at 47-49kgs, weighing in at 57.8kgs shocked everyone today.

According to my InBody results, I am well above average for muscle and well below average for body fat, but the fact that I've got 36.4kgs of water weight... well, I am definitely feeling it.
I'm officially out of the 80's and in the 90's category with my overall health score, sweet.
In terms of my musle-fat control, I have no needed muscle to gain and no needed body fat to lose but I definitely have to lose some of this excess body water weight!
I'm always telling our Hulkies to get in a hearty big breakfast, eat a post-training meal, and eat their veggies.  I never thought I'd have to add "but don't eat too much broccoli" to that... hahaha.
And just in, Quest has a new product that I've been on a long waiting list to get - Protein Chips!!!
They're more like a cracker than a chip but I'm definitely more down with crackers than chips so I'm definitely having to exercise some self control with eating them.

No comments: