As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Technical Difficulties and Word Play... Saturday, March 28

After some much frustrated-over technical difficulties with my phone, Rocket and I completed our long run goal of 32kms.  We did 32.49kms to be exact.  As for the technical difficulties, well, my phone had a mind of its own today and whatever was happening with it meant it was sucking the life out of my battery.  We ended up having to stop just shy of 20kms and change batteries back at the truck.  In the 3 hours that we were running, I had gone through two full batteries.  Definitely have to look into turning off my Facebook notifications and whatnot because that's just bonkers if my phone won't be able to last through my full marathon.  "You'll just have to run faster than", Snickers said.  Ya, like I'm not already kicking my own butt with running for so long.  

There weren't as many random cheerleaders out today on the path and by "cheerleaders" I mean strangers who give us a thumbs up or word of encouragement as we pass them.  The lack of cheerleaders mixed with the technical difficulties of my phone and Rocket's legs feeling heavier than usual meant the run wasn't as successful in my head as perhaps it would have and could have.  My legs did feel a lot better with this run than our previous long runs however so that was very encouraging.  I think the only thing that hurt on my body were my toes.  My toes were so incredibly sensitive to the point in fact that when I laid in my bed for a quick 30 minute power before baseball I had to have them sticking out of the bed cover.  The mere weight of the cover on my toes hurt so much.  I think in running with new runners, runners that aren't as snug as the ones I usually wear, I've started to randomly bang the front of my foot on the ground every so often, thus pushing my feet up to the very front of the shoe.  I guess I did it more than just a few random times though because my toes were in so much pain.  

After running, I ate lunch, took a power nap for 30 minutes, and then got dressed.  I then had to race over to one of the neighboring public schools where Snickers and his baseball team were playing ball.

One of the perks of being married to a Korean man, beyond that so-smooth-I-can't-believe-it's-not-butter body, is having way too much fun with teaching him English slang.  Snickers' baseball game today opened up a whole field of "couple fun" English play when he said "I didn't even get to second base". "I think we're way beyond second base baby," I told him.  He was so confused so then I let him in on the baseball word play.  "English is so strange" was all he could say... hahaha.

No comments: