As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, April 26, 2015

The Making of Team Thundra... Sunday, April 26

With it being the weekend and me having two full days to do whatever, it meant I got the chance to check out a new possible running route.  

What, did you honestly think I wouldn't do something either work-related or exercise-related?!  You obviously don't know me.

In addition to checking out a new possible running route, it also meant I got to meet up with the two gals I'll be launching Team Thundra with -- Rocket and Lady Marvel.  I met up with them at a local coffee shop today to introduce the two to each other and to discuss the details of our team.  We all agreed to take on two days each week to run with whomever shows up for that particular day's training.  I think Lady Marvel will have a really good turnout because her morning run isn't so early and she will be taking on the beginners.  Rocket has a great idea to do track work and I tried to be on par with their ideas with suggesting my Wednesday runs alternate between a 10km to Dankook and a run up a local mountain.  Saturday long runs will be my biggest committment to this team because it includes eating lunch with those who attend as well as making sure transportation is arranged for.  I think we really came up with some solid ideas and I'm very optimistic that it'll be met with lots of participation and positive energy...awesome.  

I've never regretted taking on Rocket as my running partner.  She's definitely been an amazing runner to run with and I honestly wouldn't have been able to push myself through such long runs, especially through those cold, long runs, without her.  

Team Thundra is Hulk's official running team and we will be launching it on Monday, May 4th. There is definitely a feeling on accountability when you're running with others but running is such a great means of getting in shape and we really hope to utilize this team as a means of also meeting new friends.  Already I've met a new friend -- Lady Marvel.  I met her just yesterday and I'm super stoked that she's committed to helping Rocket and I make this team. 

No comments: