As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Mini Hulkies Making Big Scenes at Hulk's... Thursday, May 21

I'm all about our mini Hulkies and the female Hulkies, it's so obvious.  Of course I like ALL our Hulkies but I definitely have a keen liking with the minis and female ones.  Today I had weigh-in for one particular mini Hulkie that comes every weekday for training with his little crew of 5-7 school buddies.  The goal I had made for him was to get down in the double digits with his weight.  He's a 6ft 2" guy so he's not exactly a mini Hulkie in his size but he is in age; he's only 16 years of age.  Today he stepped on the InBody machine for his monthly weigh-in.  He didn't quite get into the double digits, he's now at 100.2kgs, but it was really awesome to see his success.  

I've always thought it was weird whenever one of my girl friends, or even Snickers for that matter, tries to talk to me when I'm in the bathroom but having a group of five high school boys, some mini Hulkies, talk to me while I was in the shower after training took the cake.

I think telling my Hulkies my butt hurts from yesterday's training not only cheered them up as they too felt the pain from yesterday's crossfit but it also tempted them to give them a bit more pain.  I say this because I had countless Hulkies either punch me in the bum, kick my tush, or poke it with the end of a skipping rope.  I've never been so Hulkie-handled in my life... hahaha.


No comments: